October 9th, 2022 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Why Take the AARP Smart Driver Course?
The AARP Smart Driver course is the nation’s first refresher course specifically designed for drivers age 50 and older. In many states, drivers may benefit from a discount on their auto insurance premium upon completing the course. And you will learn something new along the way. In fact, an evaluation of the course found that 97% of participants changed at least one driving habit as a result of what they learned.
Our Smart Driver online course will help you:
- Be eligible for a multi-year discount on your auto insurance.
- Refresh your driving skills and your knowledge of the rules — and hazards — of the road.
- Reduce your chances of receiving a traffic violation or getting into an accident.
- Learn at your own pace — you’ll have 60 days to complete the course!
The AARP Smart Driver online course covers:
- Research-based safe driving strategies.
- Information on the effects of medication on driving.
- Preventive measures to reduce driver distractions.
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and new technology found in cars today.
- Techniques for handling left turns, right-of-way, and roundabouts.
- State-specific rules and regulations in 19 key areas, including construction zones, child safety seats, school buses, cellphone use and more.
- Easy-to-follow format incorporating adult-learning principles.
Classroom Course coming here at Burlington Senior Center on October 9th from 9:00am to 1:–pm.
Costs are: $20 for an AARP Member $25 for non-member. Free for anyone who has an AARP Medicare Supplement with United Healthcare.
Call the Center to sign-up: 262-716-0329