Want to meet new friends?
Learning new things, meeting new people and having fun is the key to staying young. If you have skills and knowledge to share, become a volunteer to learn, have fun and share your talents.
Burlington Senior Center needs help with:
- Playing instruments in our Jam sessions
- Teaching and playing card games (Euchre, Five Hundred, Hand & Foot, Pinochle and Sheepshead)
- Providing ideas at our board meetings on improving the senior center 2nd Tuesday of the month at 8:45am. This is an open meeting to all interested individuals.
- Various committees: Friends of Seniors, Future Planning Committee, Fund Raisers, Open House, Christmas Decorating and other activities.
- Associate Editor Opportunity. The BSC NEWS Editor is looking for an assistant.
Volunteers live longer
According to new research published by the American Psychological Association “You may live longer than those that don’t volunteer as long as you are doing it for the right reasons”. Previous research has shown that volunteers function better and have lower rates of depression and heart disease.
The Burlington Senior Center (BSC) is always looking for volunteers. Do you have a hobby or interest to share with others. Drop a note to:
BSC NEWS editor, 201 N Main St Burlington WI 53105.
How do I Volunteer?
Please call the Burlington Senior Center at 262-767-9880.